Thread: For social equality

Default For social equality

I'm nothing and no one. I'm here to learn and absorb - form ideas. Beginning with myself and spreading awareness to everyone along the way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Annem View Post

I'm nothing and no one. I'm here to learn and absorb - form ideas. Beginning with myself and spreading awareness to everyone along the way.

Nihilism isn't a prerequisite to participation here.... Got any awareness you'd like to spread -- ?

Ops! I hope I am not getting into a quarrel here...
    Nihilist? On the contrary, when I say that I am 'nothing' or 'no one' I am not suggesting that our existence in this world is by any means insignificant.
    I just do not claim to know more than anyone else.
    Awareness? What kind of awareness can I ‘spread’ to a guy like you?

Blog Entries

Ops! I hope I am not getting into a quarrel here...

No, no prob -- I'm not one to bicker.

Nihilist? On the contrary, when I say that I am 'nothing' or 'no one' I am not suggesting that our existence in this world is by any means insignificant.
    I just do not claim to know more than anyone else.

Well, while I'm sure you're able to brag about your humility (heh), you most-likely *do* know more than others here about certain things -- the same goes for *everyone*, I'd imagine. And that's why we use this discussion board instead of being insufferably individually insular.

Awareness? What kind of awareness can I ‘spread’ to a guy like you?

I dunno -- try me. I've been here at RevLeft for 9 years now, and I *still* find new things in revolutionary politics / theory that I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been participating here.

Take care, hope it's a good place for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ckaihatsu For This Useful Post:

Enlighten me with your opinion on veganism.
    "I am vegan because I have compassion for animals; I see them as beings possessed of value not unlike humans. I am an anarchist because I have that same compassion for humans, and because I refuse to settle for compromised perspectives, half-assed strategies and sold-out objectives. As a radical, my approach to animal and human liberation is without compromise: total freedom for all, or else."

"It takes no more time to be a vegetarian than to eat animal flesh.... When non-vegetarians say ‘human problems come first’ I cannot help wondering what exactly it is that they are doing for humans that compels them to continue to support the wasteful ruthless, exploitation of farm animals."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IbelieveInanarchy View Post

Enlighten me with your opinion on veganism.

It's a lifestyle choice.

History, Macro-Micro -- politics-logistics-lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by ckaihatsu View Post
    It's a lifestyle choice.

History, Macro-Micro -- politics-logistics-lifestyle

As much as not being a racist is a 'lifestyle choice'.
    "I am vegan because I have compassion for animals; I see them as beings possessed of value not unlike humans. I am an anarchist because I have that same compassion for humans, and because I refuse to settle for compromised perspectives, half-assed strategies and sold-out objectives. As a radical, my approach to animal and human liberation is without compromise: total freedom for all, or else."

"It takes no more time to be a vegetarian than to eat animal flesh.... When non-vegetarians say ‘human problems come first’ I cannot help wondering what exactly it is that they are doing for humans that compels them to continue to support the wasteful ruthless, exploitation of farm animals."

Did you really just compare racism to eating meat?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Full Metal Bolshevik For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Full Metal Bolshevik View Post
    Did you really just compare racism to eating meat?
    Yes i really did. here comes "your a nazi facist racist for being vegan". I think hurting only certain animals for fun is discrimination just like hurting only certain humans is discrimination.

here comes "your a nazi facist racist for being vegan".
    There's nothing wrong with being vegan - no-one is going to call you a racist for your dietary choices. To compare racism with dietary choices would be stupid.
    Modern democracy is nothing but the freedom to preach whatever is to the advantage of the bourgeoisie - Lenin

Quote Originally Posted by GiantMonkeyMan View Post
    There's nothing wrong with being vegan - no-one is going to call you a racist for your dietary choices. To compare racism with dietary choices would be stupid.
    Like 5 people here, all authoritarian stalinists/leninists i might add, have called me racist or fascist for saying that we should not eat or hurt animals. I think that telling children "you should pet the dog because he has big eyes and is cute, but you should kill the chicken because it has wings and is not our pet" is the first form of discrimination we are taught. I have never heard a trait that animals are missing which makes it okay to hurt them above humans. It is often said that they are less intelligent, and of course they are, but no one would ever think of using lower intelligence as a pretext to hurt any human. I don't see whats different when we speak of an animal. They feel pain, they can experience fear and stress, just like we can. These characteristics are what is really important when you speak of ethics. Unless i have a complete misunderstanding of ethics and im missing some key points, in which case i'm willing to be convinced!

So therefore i think veganism is not just a dietary choice but actually an ethical choice. And its pretty annoying that full metal bolshevik and his buddies always derail any discussion, not only mine, by immediately calling anyone who disagrees with them a fascist or a reactionary without actually addressing anything the person says. They just extrapolate ideas in their head to justify calling anyone who does not agree with their view a curse word so they don't have to react.

Like 5 people here, all authoritarian stalinists/leninists i might add, have called me racist or fascist for saying that we should not eat or hurt animals.
    I'm pretty sure you're lying, if anyone called you a fascist (and I sure didn't) it's because of your reasoning and not the fact that you're vegan.

I'm pretty sure you're lying, if anyone called you a fascist (and I sure didn't) it's because of your reasoning and not the fact that you're vegan.
    I'm not going to tell names here but you can see it in the veganism thread. What part of my reasoning shows that i am racist or fascist?(if you think i am of course)

You are halting humanity potential for the sake of nature. Fascists also think there's a certain order that needs to be respected.

You are halting humanity potential for the sake of nature. Fascists also think there's a certain order that needs to be respected.
    My point is not that we have to maintain a certain order, my only point is that we should not harm an animal when it is not necessary. Humanities potential is also slowed down by the diseases, droughts and famines caused by animal agriculture. Its as much a human issue as it is an animal issue.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is not that we have to maintain a certain order, my only point is that we should not harm an animal when it is not necessary. Humanities potential is also slowed down by the diseases, droughts and famines caused by animal agriculture. Its as much a human issue as it is an animal issue.