Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a job as a Waiter, need advice!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_john View Post
    bsolutely *do* have sex with as many of your coworkers as possible.
    Hah, with a bit of luck...

Organisation
    Exsulatus

I found that my coworkers were a great source of information and guidance when I was learning the ropes.

Blog Entries

Just had my first proper paid shift, 18:00-22:15 (we finished early), it was awesome, had a lot of fun, the co workers are pretty cool too, it wasn't awkward at all

Blog Entries

Sometimes the best thing about work are your fellow workers or colleagues

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lynx For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Sometimes the best thing about work are your fellow workers or colleagues
    Yeah. Had a few laughs, didn't talk much but it wasn't awkward like last week.

Organisation
    Exsulatus

still working out for you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theredson View Post
    still working out for you?
    Yeah I've settled in well. Coming up to the 2-month mark now.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nox For This Useful Post:

Organisation
    Exsulatus

And it's pretty straight forward huh? Coworkers pretty helpful and accomidating ?

The Garbage Disposal Unit is offline Proliferatin' The Commune Supporter
    Forum Moderator
    Global Moderator
    Organisation
    Sounds authoritarian . . .

1. Flirt. Be personable. Be honest, but not too honest.
    2. Whenever you get caught doing anything (e.g. eating directly from the bucket of feta cheese), remember that's it's because you're endearingly stupid, and, instead of being defensive, ask earnestly for advice / about the rules / whatever.
    The life we have conferred upon these objects confronts us as something hostile and alien.

Formerly Virgin Molotov Cocktail (11/10/2004 - 21/08/2013)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Garbage Disposal Unit For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shuras View Post
    Be sincere with customers, not fake just to try and get more tips. If you want more pay get it off the fucking boss not us.
    haha
    hahahaha
    hahahahahahaha
    u srs?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by theredson View Post
    And it's pretty straight forward huh? Coworkers pretty helpful and accomidating ?
    The work's pretty simple. The coworkers are nice. I'm a generally quiet person, but I talk to some more than others. Some of them are just those types of people who are comfortable to be around. Most of the other part timers joined around the same time as me so it feels good to not be the new guy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nox For This Useful Post:

I honestly hate serving positions. I mean, nothing against it or anything. It's just not my thing. I'm much more comfortable in the kitchen where I don't have to interact with too many people and can just do my own thing. I would like to get into mixology after I turn 21, though.
    "The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win."

Quote Originally Posted by Soomie View Post
    I honestly hate serving positions. I mean, nothing against it or anything. It's just not my thing. I'm much more comfortable in the kitchen where I don't have to interact with too many people and can just do my own thing. I would like to get into mixology after I turn 21, though.
    If you truly enjoy the solitude of the kitchen, and I do as well, then you got no business behind the bar. More so than those sitting at a table, bar patrons want to be entertained. Just the way it is.
    Brospierre-Albanian baseball was played with a frozen ball of shit and tree branch
    "History knows no greater display of courage than that shown by the people of the Soviet Union."
    Henry L. Stimson: U.S. Secretary of War
    Take the word “fear” and the phrase “for what, it’s not going to change anything” out of your minds and take control of your future.
    [I]Juan Jose Fernandez, Asturias
    "I want to give a really bad party. I mean it. I want to give a party where there's a brawl and seductions and people going home with their feelings hurt and women passed out in the cabinet de toilette. You wait and see"

Quote Originally Posted by jbeard View Post
    If you truly enjoy the solitude of the kitchen, and I do as well, then you got no business behind the bar. More so than those sitting at a table, bar patrons want to be entertained. Just the way it is.
    Good point. Guess I just figured that since I have an interest in good alcoholic drinks and mixology that it would be worth a try. I feel that if it's something I enjoy that I might do better than in a position that I feel I'm just doing because I need a job.
    "The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win."

What I really hated about bartending was that I couldn't get away from the customer the way you can as a waiter. The first few years were cool but then I just got so sick of the mentality of "Your a bartender. Your supposed to listen to all my shit". You may end up liking it though.
    Brospierre-Albanian baseball was played with a frozen ball of shit and tree branch
    "History knows no greater display of courage than that shown by the people of the Soviet Union."
    Henry L. Stimson: U.S. Secretary of War
    Take the word “fear” and the phrase “for what, it’s not going to change anything” out of your minds and take control of your future.
    [I]Juan Jose Fernandez, Asturias
    "I want to give a really bad party. I mean it. I want to give a party where there's a brawl and seductions and people going home with their feelings hurt and women passed out in the cabinet de toilette. You wait and see"

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prometeo liberado For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soomie View Post
    I'm technically not a waiter, I'm a runner. All I do is take food to tables and room service to rooms. Depending on how busy it is, I could spend up to 90% of my time in the kitchen polishing/counting cutlery, folding napkins, and polishing glasses.

Blog Entries

I am very afraid that I will be fired.

I missed staff training last Sunday, and I called in sick this morning.

Blog Entries

You should become a Hoxhaist again. That would turn the entire situation around.

"So I hear there's this shitty employee who's been giving you trouble. Why haven't you fired him yet."

"Are you fucking insane? This guy worships Stalin. He might stalk me home and murder me by strangling me with a used pair of Stalin's undergarments."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Bebel View Post
    You should become a Hoxhaist again. That would turn the entire situation around.

"So I hear there's this shitty employee who's been giving you trouble. Why haven't you fired him yet."

"Are you fucking insane? This guy worships Stalin. He might stalk me home and murder me by strangling me with a used pair of Stalin's undergarments."
    Nah, anarchism is good for that too.

"Are you fucking insane? This guy is an anarchist. He might shoot me in the neck while I'm sitting at my desk or put a bomb in my car."