Thread: "This Is Not A Program" by Tiqqun

Organisation
    IWW
    Blog Entries

Default "This Is Not A Program" by Tiqqun

One could make the argument that Tiqqun pumped out a bunch of work characteristic of a pack of French hipsters with philosophical pretentions, and that there isn't much of practical use to be found in what they wrote.

To which I reply: fair enough.

But IMO they also wrote some interesting things. I'm not sure what the background of "TINAP" is, I found it in a used bookstore actually, but interspersed within some of their more jargon-y stuff is some nice pieces of writing, including a pretty brutal criticism of Negri and "Negrian" thought, as well as thoughts related to the leftist conception of "work". Much of the work seems to revolve around the experience of 1970's Italy.

There's also some stuff I strongly disagree with, such as their contention in one part of the book that one group that was emblematic of the radical movement overtaking the worker's movement was the Spanish anarchist movement. This is odd to me because the Spanish anarchists based their identity largely around them being communist workers in revolt.
    "Win, lose or draw...long as you squabble and you get down, that's gangsta."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Os Cangaceiros For This Useful Post:

Organisation
    IWW
    Blog Entries

Also, forgot to mention this, but the last part of the book (the book is divided into two parts), which comprises about 70 pages of the book's 216 page length, is called "A Critical Metaphysics Could Be Born as a Science of Apparatuses", and is about as intelligible as the title sounds. Maybe someone smarter than me would find it interesting though. The first part has more to do with straight political economy so I found it more engaging.
    "Win, lose or draw...long as you squabble and you get down, that's gangsta."

Organisation
    the Infernal Host

I prefer Tiqquns "introduction to civil war" over tinap but yeah, its worth trying to read past the jargon as there is some serious gold there...
    The mind is its own place, and in itself Can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. What matter where, if I be still the same, And what I should be, all but less than he Whom thunder hath made greater?
    Here at least We shall be free