Marxism-Leninism is the theory and practice of the Communists, who uphold the works of Marx, Engels, Lenin and Stalin in the struggle for proletarian revolution, the construction of socialism, and the triumph of communism on a world scale. It is the scientific ideology of the working-class and its vanguard which accomplish these aims.
Marxism-Leninism bases itself on historical and dialectical materialism, taking into account the objective material conditions existant in each country and region. It supports just struggles against imperialism and neo-colonialism whose victories are guaranteed through the leading role of the working-class in said struggles. It supports internationalism as the guiding basis of the foreign policy of the socialist state and in the approach to inter-imperialist conflicts. Marxist-Leninists fight for both democratic and socialist demands and, where necessary in the world, carry out any bourgeois-democratic tasks in tandem with the uninterrupted move over into the socialist revolution.
Marxism-Leninism is hostile to opportunism and revisionism within the working-class movement. The struggles waged by Marx and Engels against Lassalle and other petty-bourgeois "socialists," and the struggles waged by Lenin and Stalin against Bernsteinism, Menshevism, Kautskyism, Bukharinism, Trotskyism and other revisionist and renegade trends within the working-class movement, constituted both the defense of Marxism and its creative development, opposing both "left" and right-wing deviations.
The Soviet Union under the leadership of J.V. Stalin witnessed the construction of socialism being completed in the main. After his death, however, a new trend became ascendant: that of Khrushchevite revisionism, which worked to restore capitalism and transform the foreign policy of the USSR into that of a social-imperialist power, "socialism in words, imperialism in deeds" as Lenin described the term. The 20th Party Congress of the CPSU in 1956 was a pivotal event in the rise of modern revisionism.
The doctrines of Soviet revisionism carried over into almost all the Eastern European states; Comecon and the Warsaw Treaty were transformed into instruments of neo-colonialism and military intervention on the part of Soviet revisionism in the affairs of member-countries. Various anti-imperialist and anti-colonial revolutions in Cuba, Angola and elsewhere were soon shackled to Soviet social-imperialism owing to the treachery of their local leaderships who came from and represented the national bourgeoisie and petty-bourgeois classes employing "socialist" rhetoric.
Marxism-Leninism remains the ideology of the working-class by virtue of its scientific content and objective merits in the epoch of imperialism and the decay of capitalism.
* http://ml-review.ca/aml/CLASSES/CourseInt-CL.htm (for the very basics)
* http://marx2mao.com/Other/HCPSU39NB.html (History of the CPSU(B) Short Course, which outlines the development of Leninism, the road to the October Revolution, and the construction of socialism in the USSR.)
* http://marx2mao.com/Stalin/FL24.html (The Foundations of Leninism, by J.V. Stalin)
* http://marx2mao.com/Lenin/SR17.html (The State and Revolution, by V.I. Lenin)
* http://marx2mao.com/Lenin/LWC20.html ("Left-Wing" Communism, An Infantile Disorder, by V.I. Lenin)
* http://marx2mao.com/Lenin/IMP16.html (Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism, by V.I. Lenin)
* http://marx2mao.com/Stalin/MNQ12.html (Marxism and the National Question, by J.V. Stalin)
* http://www.prisoncensorship.info/archive/etext/classics/mao/polemics/peaceful.html (a polemic contrasting peaceful coexistence under Lenin and Stalin and its distortion by Soviet revisionism.)
* http://www.prisoncensorship.info/archive/etext/classics/mao/polemics/prolrev.html (another polemic denouncing Soviet revisionism)
* http://www.revolutionarydemocracy.org/archive/mpS1.htm (Marxist Philosophy)
* http://www.revolutionarydemocracy.org/archive/PoliticalEconomy.pdf (Political Economy)
NOTE: To all forum users wishing to join, have some indication that you are a ML in your profile.