View All Random Groups
Students for a Democratic Society (SDS) is a United States student organization representing left wing beliefs. It takes it's name and inspiration from the original SDS of the 1960's, the largest radical student organization in US history.Last Activity: 14th December 2014 22:52
11 member(s)Latest Discussion:
CopWatch organization based In Hamilton ON CA.Last Activity: 22nd November 2011 14:38
8 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Protest Rally at Federal Building 100 Bay St Hamilton Fri Nov . 25 4 pm
The Workers' International Industrial Union is a union for all workers. No matter what your job, your skill or your trade you belong with us, in the union of the working class. The WIIU is not a trade union, we do not separate workers into trades or skills. The WIIU organizes industrially. In other words we organize by industry. For example, if you work in the auto industry you will be organized with all workers whose product is automobiles. From the assembly line to the office workers to the maintenance staff to the janitorial staff, all will be in one union and under one contract.
With this type of organization workers will begin to win the daily battles for better working conditions, higher compensation and greater democracy in the workplace. With this unity will come the solidarity and class consciousness needed to build a real worker's movement, one which will later grow into an unstoppable force that will change the world.
These daily battles will not only be fought in the workplace, but also in the political arena. Once the WIIU gathers the necessary strength or the membership decides that it is time, we will form a political party of the working class. The purpose of this party will be to challenge the two party dictatorship at the polls, spread the word of the growing power of the working class and attempt to draw ever more workers into the struggle. This party will also educate the workers about the fraud that is capitalism and show them how they can change these conditions through the worker's economic and political organizations that grow ever stronger with each passing day.
Our Ultimate Goal:
At a crucial point the workers will be ready for the change to the new system, the new industrial democracy which will change our society from one based on greed and kept in place through brutality, fear and oppression, to one based on the well being of all people. Through the worker's organizations on both the political and economic fields we will defeat the capitalists at the polls and in the workplaces and dismantle the old system, in favor of the new industrial government of all the workers.
Thus will begin a reconstruction of our society. All of the means of producing what we need to live and enjoy life will be democratically managed by the workers themselves. Everything will be produced for use and not profit. From this point forward no one will go hungry or without decent shelter. Health care will be a right, not a talking point for one or another political party. Education will be free, from kindergarten to university. Each and every person will be able to freely decide what vocation they wish to pursue. In other words, we will build a society which will benefit all.
Many would say that this goal of ours is impossible. They fail to realize that all we need is a plan and the will to carry it out. It will not be an easy task. The first step is for each of us in the working class to take our place in the worker's movement. That first step is to join the union of your class....
Join the WIIU
http://www.wiiu.org/Last Activity: 27th April 2015 03:23
6 member(s)Latest Discussion:
New Group Moderator
With disgust the founding members of the International Aid Association-International Brigades (IAA-IB) have witnessed the rise of the far-right in Europe and repression of working class movements elsewhere. From circa 2006 till 2012 between 150 and 200 people—leftists, migrants, ethnic minorities—have been killed by far-right groups and individuals in countries such as Hungary, Greece, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Italy, and Russia. According to the Institute of Race Relations there have been 96 racist murders in the UK from 1993 till 2012.
Evidently, such racist violence is not limited to Europe. European people are targeted in South Africa, neo-Nazis in Mongolia have killed Chinese and spouses of Chinese, while racist murders in the US are certainly not unheard of.
It is clear we cannot stand idly by while the far-right organises and prepares for a race or cultural war. Equally clear is that we cannot rely on police for protection. It is fair to say that the police attract a certain type of person, often patriotic and prone to violence, which—in times of crisis—can turn to ultra-nationalistic sympathies. It is not surprising therefore that in the June 2012 Greek elections, half the police in Greece's capital Athens voted for the far-right Nazi party, Golden Dawn.
Police may often tolerate or even participate with far-right thugs.
It is, additionally, not merely the far-right that threatens individuals, workers, and communities. Police brutality and police action is often excessive and used to suppress working class movements. In South Africa more than a dozen of striking workers were slaughtered by police. Less extreme examples include the violently breaking up of strikes and demonstrations by police.
The situation in Europe and elsewhere in the world may escalate into a spiral of violence and we need to be prepared and where the European left in the 1930s neglected to do so we need to prevent a far-right seizure of power at all costs. In order to have the muscle power to crush fascism, we need preparation. This organisation serves as a body for that preparation.
Whether it is migrants harassed by police, ethnic minorities targeted by far-right groups, or strikes being attacked by whomever, we, of the IAA-IB, entitle ourselves to self-defence against these invasions of freedom. We do not expect nor desire for the state to set the parameters of our freedom and safeguard our freedom as it sees fit. We believe in the right to freedom and consequently the right to act upon it. As such we entitle ourselves with the right to self-defence.
The IAA-IB seeks to create a network that possesses the appropriate muscle power for self-protection from police and far-right thugs. Our primary aims are:
-Protection of communities and individuals from racist attacks.
-Protection of workers, striking or otherwise, from police harassment and repression.
-Protection of demonstrations and occupations from far-right and police.
-Protection against evictions.
-Protection of leftists from threats, harassment, and attacks.
-Self-education and studying tactics as preparation for a possible future social conflict.
-First aid training and employment.
-Researching and exposing of far-right groups and police misconduct.
-Demonstrating against far-right groups and police brutality.
-Training in self-defence, fighting, stamina, and muscle power.
-Setting up of a logistical framework for antifascist activity.
-The creation of self-discipline amongst our members.
-Mobilising communities and workplaces against fascism.
-Demobilisation of domestic armed forces preparing to engage or engaging in repressing or fighting of left-wingers abroad.
-Providing aid other than protection to communities and workers at their request.
-Informing and educating people about the dangers of fascism and right-wing extremism.Last Activity: 12th November 2015 17:48
39 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Solidarity is a socialist feminist, anti-racist organization dedicated to forming a broad regrouping of the U.S. left. We include activists from many long-standing socialist traditions. We do not attempt to put forward a monolithic platform which we all have adapted to; rather, we rely on the richness of our traditions to foster and develop a forward-looking socialist thought. Solidarity was founded in 1986 by revolutionary socialists who stand for "socialism from below," the self-organization of the working class and oppressed peoples. We see Solidarity as a contribution to a new U.S. left, one neither sectarian nor reformist. Our Basis of Political Agreement (2004) is below:
1. Capitalism is an outmoded social system now deep in crisis. This crisis is producing a declining standard of living and an escalating drive toward war. This crisis is the unavoidable outcome of capital's most basic drives. Humanity will only be freed from the barbarism of war, environmental devastation, poverty, unemployment and declining living standards for millions when capitalism has been displaced by a rational, planned, democratic, and participatory economic system: socialism.
2. Socialism is the political and economic rule of the working class, in which the means of production are under the social ownership of the working class, which democratically plans economic life. The working class organizes its political and economic rule through councils of workers and popular representatives, freely chosen among a variety of organized working class and popular parties.
3. Socialism can only be achieved by a revolutionary mass political movement of the working class which ends the political rule of the capitalist class and private ownership of the means of production.
4. The aim of this organization is to build a revolutionary socialist movement in the working class and allied sectors of the oppressed. Membership is open to all who share our principles and work toward achieving them.
5. The capitalist parties, especially the Republican and Democratic parties, are fundamentally anti-working class, racist and sexist. We oppose any form of participation in or support for these parties. We call for the working class and its allies to form a new, independent political party that fights for their needs.
6. The capitalist crisis has set in motion an employers' offensive that necessitates national and international labor solidarity as well as organizing the unorganized. The labor bureaucracy for the most part acts as a brake on labor action. We therefore support all efforts to transform the unions into militant vehicles, including rank and file groupings within the unions as well as coalitions against concessions and strike support committees.
7. Racial and national oppression divide the working class and create poverty and misery for millions. We join in the fight against racism, such as the struggle for affirmative action, and support the efforts of oppressed national minorities to organize independently for their liberation.
8. We fight for women's liberation, and for women's equality today. The oppression of women within the family and in society divides the working class, keeps women's wages low and burdens women unequally in the task of social reproduction.
9. We are supporters of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) liberation, of their struggles for civil rights and against all forms of bigotry. We support, as with all oppressed groups, the efforts of LGBTQ people to organize independently for their liberation.
10. We are internationalists. We support movements for self-determination and national liberation throughout the world and the struggles of workers for better living standards and social and political power everywhere. Whatever may be our differing theoretical analyses of any particular struggle, we are unconditional defenders of movements for genuine trade unionism and workers' democracy
11. We actively oppose the growing drive towards war, whether that be in the form of intervention in Central America, the Middle East or elsewhere, or the buildup of the U.S. war machine. We fight for unilateral disarmament in the U.S. and, at the same time, we extend our solidarity to the independent peace movements of Eastern Europe.
12. Toward these ends we are committed to building an effective revolutionary socialist organization in the U.S. capable of acting together without presenting a monolithic face to the world or engaging in pretenses of being "the vanguard."Last Activity: 13th March 2017 00:18
19 member(s)Latest Discussion:
New Group Moderator
The Imperial Legion is a military organization of the Elder Scrolls universe. It was inspired by the Roman legions that were the supreme military power of their time. In The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, the player could join the Legion, perform tasks for them and eventually rise in rank up to the highest one, the "Knight of the Imperial Dragon".
No nonsense. Practical anti-fascism.Last Activity: 14th March 2016 03:25
5 member(s)Latest Discussion:
This is what's wrong with the stormcloaks
Red Youth is the youth organization of the Red Party in Norway. Steady growing, Red Youth has over 800 members, all united in the ever growing fight against capitalism. Red Youth is a communist organization, with it's roots in the M-L environment, but now quite pan-leftistic and advocates for marxism, direct democracy, feminism and revolutionary socialism.
Note to RKU - No we're not social-democrats, cause shut up.Last Activity: 24th March 2016 16:24
4 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Andre partier i Norge
View All Recently Updated
For those with 50 posts or more who acknowledge the need to bring about "the merger of [Marxism] and the worker movement" (Kautsky) and solve the crises of theoryLast Activity: 22nd April 2017 03:48
251 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Bolsheviki rising (Kautsky's response to October)
Impossibilism is a theory and strategy for bringing about socialism and an interpretation of Marxism that stresses the limited value of political, economic and social reforms within a capitalist economy. It argues that pursuing such reforms is counterproductive as they only strengthen support for the existing system and thereby work to ensure the continuation of the capitalist system, or at the least, impossibilism argues that such reforms are irrelevant to the realization of socialism and should not be a major concern for socialists.Last Activity: 16th April 2017 22:40
105 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Save the Socialist Standard
Socialist Standard is a monthly socialist magazine published without interruption since September 1904 by the Socialist Party of Great Britain. The magazine is written in a simple, direct style and focuses mainly on socialist advocacy and Marxian analysis of current events, particularly those affecting the United Kingdom.
http://bestofsocialiststandard.blogspot.com/Last Activity: 16th April 2017 22:39
25 member(s)Latest Discussion:
Save the Socialist Standard
By its nature, Zionism concentrates ultra-nationalism, chauvinism and racial intolerance, excuse for territorial occupation and annexation, military opportunism, cult of political promiscuousness and irresponsibility, demagogy and ideological diversion, dirty tactics and perfidy... Absurd are attempts of Zionist ideologists to present criticizing them, or condemning the aggressive politics of the Israel's ruling circles, as antisemitic.Last Activity: 12th April 2017 06:48
This is a private group.
This group was created in order to raise awareness for left anti-semitism disguising itself as anti-zionist. We recognize the uniqueness of anti-semitism and the holocaust and thus support the existence of a state Israel untill communism.
We recognize the anti-semitic tendencies within the palestinian liberation movement and the left and wish to critique them.
We recognize the bourgeois and inherently reactionary character of the state Israel with all its consequences such as racism, bigotry and chauvinism.
We do NOT characterize Israel as a "fascist apartheid settler colonial state".Category: InterestsLast Activity: 12th April 2017 06:32
20 member(s)Latest Discussion:
For those who understand German
Marxism-Leninism is the theory and practice of the Communists, who uphold the works of Marx, Engels and Lenin in the struggle for proletarian revolution, the construction of socialism, and the triumph of communism on a world scale. It is the scientific ideology of the working-class and its vanguard which accomplish these aims.
Marxism-Leninism bases itself on historical and dialectical materialism, taking into account the objective material conditions existent in each country and region. It supports just struggles against imperialism and neo-colonialism whose victories are guaranteed through the leading role of the working-class in said struggles. It supports internationalism as the guiding basis of the foreign policy of the socialist state and in the approach to inter-imperialist conflicts. Marxist-Leninists fight for both democratic and socialist demands and, where necessary in the world, carry out any bourgeois-democratic tasks in tandem with the uninterrupted move over into the socialist revolution.
The struggles waged by Marx, Engels and Lenin against all forms of revisionism, opportunism and reformism constituted both the defense of scientific socialism and its creative development, opposing both "left" and right-wing deviations.
The construction of socialism in the Soviet Union and likeminded countries provided a superior alternative to the capitalist system. The treacherous policies pursued by the restorers of capitalism constituted a heavy setback for the world working-class movement, but they could not reverse the nature of capitalism and the inevitability of class struggles for socialism under it.
Marxism-Leninism remains the ideology of the working-class by virtue of its scientific content and objective merits in the epoch of imperialism and the decay of capitalism.
* https://www.rhizzone.net/forum/topic/13358/ (Elementary Principles of Philosophy)
* https://archive.org/details/lininandtherussi035179mbp (an introduction to Lenin's life, Leninism, and the October Revolution along with the first few years afterward)
* https://archive.org/details/InternationalWorkingClassAndCommunistMovementHisto ricalRecord
* https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1917/staterev/ (The State and Revolution, by V.I. Lenin)
* https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1920/lwc/ ("Left-Wing" Communism, An Infantile Disorder, by V.I. Lenin)
* https://www.marxists.org/archive/lenin/works/1916/imp-hsc/ (Imperialism, the Highest Stage of Capitalism, by V.I. Lenin)
* http://bookzz.org/book/862537/add33c (Fundamentals of Marxism-Leninism)
* https://archive.org/details/tfomlp (The Fundamentals of Marxist-Leninist Philosophy)
NOTE: To all forum users wishing to join, have some indication that you are a ML in your profile.Last Activity: 10th April 2017 18:54
568 member(s)Latest Discussion:
My notes and quotes I've collected