RevLeft
Go Back   RevLeft > Blogs > dar8888
Register FAQ Members List RevLeft Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RevLeft Shortage Alert
RevLeft shortage alert! Current monthly donations are $32.50 below the monthly needed amount of $140. Help Revleft keep running and to be completely free of adverts again - please subscribe for a monthly donation now (starting at $2.50) and get all adverts removed immediately! (no obligation, subscription can be cancelled anytime)

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Apology

Posted 8th February 2010 at 04:43 by dar8888

In a few recent posts, I made some rather disparaging remarks about Kim Jong-il. I do want to retract those statements.

I was born in 1972. Communism was still a [B]serious[/B] threat to the capitalists at that time, and, until Gorbachev, it only got worse.

I grew up hearing about the "Evil Empire", ducking under my desk for bomb drills at school, and being completely brainwashed about the wonder of capitalism. In 9th grade, for example, we read Ayn Rand....
Banned
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

American Communism

Posted 6th January 2010 at 23:35 by dar8888

Greetings, Comrades!

Communism today is in a somewhat precarious position. We argue over who was a true Marxist - Stalin or Mao. We are fragmented into numerous, small, groups. We are more active on-line than in person.

What we need to do, as American Communists, is to forget trying to push the greatness of Stalin and/or Mao - We are Americans,not Russian or Chinese. We need to return to the primary principles of Marxist-Leninist theory, and observe the ideas of Stalin,...
Banned
Posted in Uncategorized