RevLeft
Go Back   RevLeft > Blogs
Register FAQ Members List RevLeft Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RevLeft Shortage Alert
RevLeft shortage alert! Current monthly donations are $2.50 below the monthly needed amount of $110. Help Revleft keep running and to be completely free of adverts again - please subscribe for a monthly donation now (starting at $2.50) and get all adverts removed immediately! (no obligation, subscription can be cancelled anytime)

Old
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Less is More (Why it is not a good idea to waste time arguing with idiots)

Posted 13th January 2010 at 06:43 by Ben Seattle (I'm here to fight)
Updated 16th January 2010 at 22:25 by Ben Seattle

Hi everyone,

I promised myself, when I considered becoming active on RevLeft, that I would not waste precious time arguing with idiots. I believe many readers here will understand what I am talking about. In nearly all leftist forums which are open in character--there is a phenomenon of certain people who are, essentially, aggressively clueless, hot-headed, word-twisting time-wasters.

The problem with engaging in serious work on any open forum--is that these people will...
Information theorist
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

American Communism

Posted 6th January 2010 at 23:35 by dar8888

Greetings, Comrades!

Communism today is in a somewhat precarious position. We argue over who was a true Marxist - Stalin or Mao. We are fragmented into numerous, small, groups. We are more active on-line than in person.

What we need to do, as American Communists, is to forget trying to push the greatness of Stalin and/or Mao - We are Americans,not Russian or Chinese. We need to return to the primary principles of Marxist-Leninist theory, and observe the ideas of Stalin,...
Banned
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Quick Translation Bookmark

Posted 1st January 2010 at 21:23 by Sean

I made this post a while back: http://www.revleft.com/vb/blog.php?b=333

Just an update:

HTML Code:
javascript:void(location.href='http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'&sl=auto&tl=en')
If you do what I said in the last post and use the code above it automatically finds the language and translates. You can change the hl=en to hl= whatever your native tongue...
Senior Revolutionary
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I left, why?

Posted 1st January 2010 at 09:06 by apathy maybe
Updated 1st May 2010 at 13:42 by apathy maybe

So, a few months ago (six?) I posted that I was leaving RevLeft and not coming back. Yet I came back? why? Basically, because I drop in sometimes to read RevLeft, and I saw this bullshit about the CC being dropped (closed). That annoyed me, so I came back merely to post on that issue.

I won't be posting on any other issue. Feel free to leave me a visitor message (but do not bother with a PM, I probably won't see it). Or comment on this blog post is another option.

Banned
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ben will be away from RevLeft for 10 days

Posted 30th December 2009 at 21:09 by Ben Seattle (I'm here to fight)
Updated 19th January 2010 at 09:19 by Ben Seattle

Hi everyone,

It is necessary that I take a ten day break from RevLeft. I believe my activity here has been generally worthwhile. But I find that this forum has been taking a big share of my attention and I must apply my attention elsewhere to restore the necessary balance.

I have made a bunch of posts. I have gotten a bit more than a dozen "thanks" and also pissed off a number of people. I have added half a dozen people to my "ignore list", most for...
Information theorist