RevLeft
Go Back   RevLeft > Blogs
Register FAQ Members List RevLeft Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old

A Modest Proposal for the 21st Century Left

Posted 15th June 2010 at 07:09 by synthesis

From December, 2008:

It is arguably impossible to find a period in the history of the radical left in which its constituents were more ineffective and just as difficult to find a time in which they were needed more. (By the left, I am referring to those who at some level agree with the statement that "people should be more important than their social constructions.")

Recently, the most powerful political position in the most powerful hegemony in the world...
Ism-ist
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

(Kasama) What should Maoists do in the U.S.? (reply to David)

Posted 13th June 2010 at 06:22 by Ben Seattle (I'm here to fight)
Updated 13th June 2010 at 13:29 by Ben Seattle

[FONT=Verdana](from: http://z11.invisionfree.com/Kasama_T...showtopic=1097 )[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Hi David,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I have been following your exchange with Mike Ely with great interest.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]You asked the most basic question of "what is to be done?" In particular, you asked if Kasama is working to create a revolutionary party. If not, then you indicate you believe you should be working in this direction...
Information theorist
Old

Log of Ben's posts to the Kasama community

Posted 13th June 2010 at 06:04 by Ben Seattle (I'm here to fight)

I am sometimes active on the Kasama "threads" forum (unlike the main part of the Kasama site, the blog, where I will not post until Mike Ely withdraws his threat to permanently ban me from the Kasama community). Since the Kasama community is important, it may be useful to have a place where I can "log" the threads on Kasama where I am active. So I will use this post as that place. (I will also continue to post, as separate entries, my Kasama posts which may be more significant.)...
Information theorist
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average.

Why Memetics is Bullshit

Posted 12th June 2010 at 01:59 by synthesis

This essay is from 2008; it's basically my attempt to put post-modernism in its proper historical context, and in the process, I demonstrate why The Selfish Gene is bullshit. Read on.

Bullshit, Biology & Balzac:
A Brief Glimpse into the Post-Modern Belief System

“The world is opaque, and appearances fool us."
– Nassim Taleb

“We are in quite another latitude, in fact; we have left
Ism-ist
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Bourgeois Atheism

Posted 8th June 2010 at 10:59 by synthesis
Updated 9th June 2010 at 04:50 by synthesis

From 2007:

"Imagine, sang John Lennon, a world with no religion. Imagine no suicide bombers, no 9/11, no 7/7, no Crusades, no witch-hunts, no Gunpowder Plot, no Kashmir dispute, no Indo/Pakistan partition, no Israel/Palestine wars, no Serb/Croat/Muslim massacres, no Northern Ireland 'troubles'. Imagine no Taliban blowing up ancient statues, lashing women for showing an inch of skin, or publicly beheading blasphemers and apostates."

-Richard Dawkins

Ism-ist
Posted in Uncategorized