View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Paving an Interstate on the Moral High Ground

(Cross Posted From The Thin Red Line)

Lev Lafayette reminded me of something easy to forget:

On one level such attitudes are the result of an apparent inability to consider life from the perspective of a person living in such countries. For decades these countries have been ruled by absolute monarchs, dictatorships, or regimes with only a pretence of democracy, all of which have engaged in gross violations of basic human rights. -Lev Lafayette, How beautiful is freedom /
    The ...
  2. Report on the May Meeting of the Open Network of Revolutionary Activists

Report on the May Meeting of the
    Open Network of Revolutionary Activists
    [FONT=Arial](Note: Our group is not really named "the open network of revolutionary activists" [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial](TONRA). [/FONT][FONT=Arial]We don't have a name yet and it will likely take us a few more months [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]to figure out what we are. [/FONT][FONT=Arial]I use that name here to try it out and see how well [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial]I like it.--Ben)[/FONT]
    Our small, informal ...

Updated 18th May 2011 at 13:58 by Ben Seattle

Support Group for Independent Revolutionary Activists
  3. May Day 2011: If They Tell You You Can't, Then You Can

Today, I got a chance to momentarily leave my armchair and rise up with my fellow discontents. May Day 2011 saw a motley crew of 300-500 core Richmond leftists hit the streets. There was much ado about the police this time around: namely, the police claimed that protection had to be purchased, and the organizers had to foot the bill. The ACLU even got involved, ineffectively. ...
  4. Brief note--May meeting, Open Revolutionary Activists, Seattle

Three of us met May 2. Ben ,Y and myself.
    During May we are planning to post (as individuals) first annual reports on the progress, plans and goals of our group so far.

I asked Ben to provide information on his views on the relation of rising productivity of labor and working class revolution. He raised this issue recently, I believe on Kronsteen's blog here at revleft.

Two of us have committed to posting 100 words per week related to this work. I raised that ...
  5. What is important? (reply to Anton)

What is important?
    (reply to Anton)

-- 1 --

First, Anton, I would like to thank you for keeping your commitment to posting 100 words a week giving your views on the principles which we believe are decisive to the recovery of the revolutionary movement.

Posting 100 words a week is vital for two reasons:

(1) It makes it possible for us to think with clarity. If we cannot write, our thoughts and our minds get stale and rusty.