RevLeft
Go Back   RevLeft > Blogs > Ẋʼn
Register FAQ Members List RevLeft Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

RevLeft Shortage Alert
RevLeft shortage alert! Current monthly donations are $7.50 below the monthly needed amount of $140. Help Revleft keep running - please subscribe for a monthly donation now!

1. Old Comment

Miniature-based wargaming on the cheap

Have you ever heard of Hearts of Iron III?
    Posted 13th January 2014 at 03:55 by Marshal of the People Marshal of the People is offline
  2. Old Comment

hmm, great idea! Although, when 3d printers go cheap I KNOW that warhammer models will be up on TPB for download.
    Posted 22nd November 2013 at 08:14 by LordAcheron LordAcheron is offline
  3. Old Comment

This sounds... great!

I've always enjoyed wargaming, but the only experience I've ever had with miniatures was a friend of mine who owned some Warhammer armies and allowed me to use one in some mock battles with him. I was looking to get one myself and noticed the exorbitant prices one had to pay to even get one, pretty stock, army.

This definitely appeals to me, many thanks.
  4. Old Comment

[Nova Mundi] Musings on Mechs

No Mad Cat?

I am disappoint.
  5. Old Comment

Another option, that I use sometimes, would be cardboard or laminated paper cutouts, mounted on standard bases. I think the old Battletroops/Clantroops game used something similar, as does the new edition of OGRE/G.E.V. Alternately, you could fold the paper into 3D objects; this works best for things that have clear, defined, sharp edges like tanks, mecha etc.
  6. Old Comment

[Nova Mundi] The Core Worlds (3000 CE?)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Workers-Control-Over-Prod View Comment
    I would agree to such an experiment under the condition that the populations of the different planets must constantly be interbred to make sure no Star Wars occur through the evolution of different human races. "Our Race must be kept Pure!" will for the first time be a non-reactionary slogan.
    What experiment are you talking about?

As for different human races, in the world of Nova Mundi they have been around since at least the end of the 21st century, and becoming more varied and numerous as the 22nd century wore on.

In fact, I think I will make another article on that very subject. Watch this space.
  7. Old Comment

I would agree to such an experiment under the condition that the populations of the different planets must constantly be interbred to make sure no Star Wars occur through the evolution of different human races. "Our Race must be kept Pure!" will for the first time be a non-reactionary slogan.
    Posted 15th March 2013 at 02:47 by Workers-Control-Over-Prod Workers-Control-Over-Prod is offline
  8. Old Comment
    Posted 13th March 2013 at 23:55 by bad ideas actualised by alcohol bad ideas actualised by alcohol is offline
  9. Old Comment

[QUOTE=Thelonious;bt22235]Interesting![/QUOTE]

You mean: Very interesting!
    Posted 13th March 2013 at 19:11 by TheRedAnarchist23 TheRedAnarchist23 is offline
  10. Old Comment
  11. Old Comment
  12. Old Comment

Pseudophilosophical ramblings

yes..religion is an ideology to subjugate innocent people....the fanatics and fundamentalists fabricate everything in a colorful manner........science is the correct solution........we call god and science calls it power , so it is even now.....god is power thats all....no silly stories about religion please ..they just reflect the ignorance of human mind...though living in 21st century....so rise up.........
    Posted 2nd July 2010 at 18:43 by pradhyumnaogirala
  13. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tegethoff View Comment
    If claiming that a benevolent, human-like God created our universe is breathtaking arrogance, then is not claiming to be more capable of managing human fate than such a human-like God also breathtaking arrogance? A paradox, to say the least.
    I don't think so. Nobody but ourselves is in a position to manage our own fate.
  14. Old Comment

If claiming that a benevolent, human-like God created our universe is breathtaking arrogance, then is not claiming to be more capable of managing human fate than such a human-like God also breathtaking arrogance? A paradox, to say the least.
    Posted 13th May 2010 at 03:15 by tegethoff
  15. Old Comment

Mercury

Very interesting stuff noxion, although i admit i don't understand all of it.

Out of interest, this Celestia program, would someone who don't know much about space etc find it easy enough to use?
  16. Old Comment

The Solar System

It fits the IAU definition.
  17. Old Comment

The Solar System

Why exactly is ceres a dwarf planet and not an asteroid , is it because of the sheer size of it ?
  18. Old Comment

The Solar System

Wow cool post , 3rd time reading it trying to understand some stuff but really interesting .

Keep it up .
  19. Old Comment

Mercury

Ah, Celestia. I actually have that program (plus a lot of add-ons), though on a different machine. Using Celestia can give one a very good idea of the scales of the universe.
  20. Old Comment

Mercury

If you don't have it already, I strongly suggest downloading the space simulation program called Celestia:

http://www.shatters.net/celestia/

I've been using it for years, and I bet it could be a great teaching tool, too.
    Posted 2nd June 2009 at 19:05 by Kwisatz Haderach Kwisatz Haderach is offline